tapis rouge catalogue 2024
331Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

tapis rouge catalogue 2024 - 2

Products index One step ahead of trends. Essentially sustainable. Contemporary design that brings to the surface the complexity and the quality of a hand-made rug. Tapis Rouge General Catalogue TAPIS ROUGE

Open the catalog to page 2
tapis rouge catalogue 2024 - 3

Atelier Tapis Rouge is a luxury rug company based in Milan. We carry forward the rich legacy of rug-making, tracing back centuries. Our story is rooted in the traditions of ancient Persia where spirituality, tradition, and craftsmanship were blended, and it continues in the contemporary rituals of everyday life, within interior design projects, drawing new expressive languages and new meanings. The true essence of the home. The carpet sets the stage for tranquil living, architectural grounding, cultural oasis and contemporary rituals. Tapis Rouge General Catalogue Atelier Tapis Rouge is a...

Open the catalog to page 3
tapis rouge catalogue 2024 - 4

Production C CD O "T <■+ —I Atelier Tapis Rouge, in each step of its entire production | cycle, reflects on trends, modern innovations, and architectural and interior design demands. Our collections with 330 designs are a portrayal of our approach. To make our rugs, we use a variety of techniques designed to make the most intricate details and diverse surfaces look their best. Hand-knotting, hand-weaving and carving are among the main techniques used by our artisans. Our production helps to support a community of skilled artisan craftsmen and their families to ensure that the ancient...

Open the catalog to page 4
tapis rouge catalogue 2024 - 5

Pile height Knot density PRE-WASHING After the rug is hand-knotted, we wash it with special equipment, before stretching it for drying. KNOT LEVELING AND STRETCHING To ensure that the pattern lines are exactly as on the sketch, an alignment and stretching step is necessary in the production process of our rugs. This process is carried out by master craftsmen, as it requires high precision. 8 Tapis Rouge General Catalogue Atelier Tapis Rouge Productoion Different pile height CARVING AND FINISHING This is one of the most important and exciting stages in which the design comes to life,...

Open the catalog to page 5
tapis rouge catalogue 2024 - 6

HAND-TUFTING A rug-making technique produced by master artisans employing specialized handheld tufting guns or needles. These tools enable controlled yarn insertion through a meticulously stretched canvas, tightly fastened to a robust frame. As the yarn is intricately pushed through the canvas, it forms loops or piles on the rug’s surface, enabling artisans to craft distinctive textures and patterns. The depth of intricacy within the design is calibrated through the manipulation of knot density. This parameter dictates the number of yarn loops per unit area, ranging from sparse, open...

Open the catalog to page 6
tapis rouge catalogue 2024 - 7

With each creation, we aim to weave together an immersive experience that celebrates the magnificence of natural materials and showcases their timeless beauty. Milan Showroom Our New Rug Showroom in Milan’s Historic Brera District. You can find us in via Borgonuovo 26, entrance Via dell’Annunciata, Milan. Tapis Rouge General Catalogue That of «Dwelling» has always been a concept close to our hearts for its practical and emotional meanings. Living for us means living in a place while being inhabited by it; the place enriches us with its history, so we chose the heart of the Brera district to...

Open the catalog to page 7
tapis rouge catalogue 2024 - 8

Interview Aaron Meilech — Tapis Rouge’s CEO, shares strategies for the future of the company and other clever stories around the world of rugs. How did you get into the carpet business? Aaron Meilech: My family has been in the carpet business for several hundred years. Rug making has been the work of many of my great-grandparents; my cousins still make rugs in different parts of Asia and the Middle East. Long ago, they asked me to help organize the production of lost Bukhara carpets. Initially, I considered it as almost a humanitarian project. However, this experience brought back many...

Open the catalog to page 8
tapis rouge catalogue 2024 - 9

Now that you are about to open a showroom in Milan, Italy’s design capital, where do you want to expand the business in the next few years? A.M. Milan is the world capital of design, so opening a Milanese branch was an obvious choice. Over the years, we have realized that our carpets arouse interest and are in demand worldwide. Here in Milan, we also have the best opportunity to collaborate with many professionals, expanding the company’s creative possibilities and better understanding trends in the design world. We produce carpets that we ship worldwide, but each market has a different...

Open the catalog to page 9
tapis rouge catalogue 2024 - 10

Natalia Enze Interview Natalia Enze Tapis Rouge General Catalogue Interview Natalia Enze — Tapis Rouge’s Head of Design, on rethinking the rug as a project’s tridimensional centerpiece. What made you decide to become an architect at the beginning of your path? Natalia Enze: I have been drawing since childhood. As a child, I mainly painted houses and horses. When my parents bought me a Baumeister gross block construction set, they unwittingly helped shape my inner world. That’s how I chose to become an architect. By the way, I haven’t given up on horses either; I still draw them, and riding...

Open the catalog to page 10
tapis rouge catalogue 2024 - 11

Designers We celebrate the coming together of creative minds worldwide to inspire and innovate. Our international team consists of the most talented designers, architects, graphic artists and skilled craftsmen who work together to create, express and share their passion for art and design. We collaborate with a network of professionals who share our vision to help promote the philosophy of sustainable and timeless design. and natural pigments varnish. This does not mean that I want to abandon historical styles, but rather look for solutions to preserve them and create something new at the...

Open the catalog to page 11
tapis rouge catalogue 2024 - 12

PLANET EARTHcollection designed by Margo Trushina Aerial Earth 29

Open the catalog to page 12
tapis rouge catalogue 2024 - 13

PLANET EARTH collection The pristine landscapes of ICELAND, details of grounds and mosses observed in a journey from the macro to the micro, inspired the PLANET EARTH collection designed by MARGO TRUSHINA. The sampling of organic textures and patterns, as preserved in their inviolability over the years, has made it possible to carefully reproduce the soft appearance, the complexity of nuances, and overlapping colors of natural surfaces, from moss in bloom to the luminous spectrum of glaciers, to streams of water, reminding us that everything has a time. PLANET EARTH is a tribute to nature’s...

Open the catalog to page 13

All Tapis Rouge catalogs and technical brochures

1. Global Stock

169 Pages