video corpo cad

Offecct-News-2020
25Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

Offecct-News-2020 - 1

Furniture with a mission: Design and manufacturing process New products and upgrades

Open the catalog to page 1
Offecct-News-2020 - 2

“Offecct is a design company that is not only passionate about how its products look, but perhaps even more about what they mean. What deeper significance do they have and what do they bring to the users, architecture and society in general? Thanks to its long-term approach to design, Offecct is a company that launches interesting and relevant products year after year. Always focusing on people, architecture, high quality and sustainability. This is furniture with a mission.” Eero Koivisto, Designer and Architect

Open the catalog to page 2
Offecct-News-2020 - 3

The world is full of products, and at Offecct we don’t want to contribute to the excess – unless the furniture we make can in some way add genuine value to people, architecture and society. This is why we always demand that our products have that magical, elusive spark that makes the world a little better. That they stir the senses, heart and intellect – and that, in short, they are worth loving. That’s our mission – and our passion! This year we’ve created exciting fusions between Scandinavia and Japan through our collaborations with Tokyo-based designers Teruhiro Yanagihara and Jin...

Open the catalog to page 3
Offecct-News-2020 - 4

Design process: Jin Kuramoto and Teruhiro Yanagihara, Tokyo 9 New products and upgrades 2020: Maki by Jin Kuramoto 18 Osaka by Teruhiro Yanagihara 20 Waka by David Trubridge 24 Carry On by Mattias Stenberg 26 Shift Wood by Daniel Debiasi & Federico Sandri 28 Spiegel Panel by Verner Panton 30 Manufacturing process: Offecct, Tibro 33 Designers of new products and upgrades 2020 41

Open the catalog to page 4
Offecct-News-2020 - 5

Design process: Jin Kuramoto Tokyo, Japan

Open the catalog to page 5
Offecct-News-2020 - 7

Design process: Teruhiro Yanagihara Tokyo, Japan “The concept of ‘diversity’ is important in Japanese culture, and also for me when I designed Maki easy chair. I think chopsticks are a good example, a very simple product that can be used in many different ways. The process began in the usual way, with me working practically with the material to find a shape, and when rolling up a sheet of polyurethane I realised how to proceed. The finished chair has a strong and symbolic shape, while being flexible in applications and functions. It can be used to work, rest, meet and wait - as a lone icon...

Open the catalog to page 7
Offecct-News-2020 - 9

“I have had a dialogue with Offecct for many years and the idea for this project grew gradually. My background is in spatial design and architecture and I’m always thinking about spaces, rather than about individual objects. What I saw before me with Osaka was a landscape of furniture, inspired by Japanese stone gardens. One of the challenges was to find the right scale and dimensions to make all the chairs and tables fit together. All creative processes contain critical elements, but the collaboration with Offecct is always positive and constructive. Just as our collaboration bridges...

Open the catalog to page 9
Offecct-News-2020 - 10

Maki by Jin Kuramoto Jin Kuramoto’s Maki easy chair has a simple, innovative and self-evident form, offering plenty of possibilities. A strong, solitary piece with clear iconic potential, designed so that multiple easy chairs can be combined in different formations, in a row or with the seats facing different directions. The easy chair offers active, flexible seating, which makes it natural to change position. The innovative back can also be used as support while standing. The unconventional shape with an open hollow space in the back – inspired by a maki roll – challenges our production...

Open the catalog to page 10
Offecct-News-2020 - 11

Osaka by Teruhiro Yanagihara With Osaka, Teruhiro Yanagihara has created a timeless, simple collection that is a natural ambassador for Offecct’s design philosophy. In part, the collection is inspired by footpaths made of cobble stones of different sizes – an organic form that simultaneously exudes precision and clarity. The elements of Osaka are reflections of each other, jigsaw pieces that can be combined in different ways. They are neat and easy to furnish space with, in a large entrance hall or a smaller room for a quick, spontaneous meeting. Ottomans and tables are both suitable for an...

Open the catalog to page 11
Offecct-News-2020 - 13

Waka by David Trubridge Waka was originally developed in the Offecct Lab and is now becoming part of our standard collection. This innovative furniture is designed by David Trubridge and invites to a new open seating type. A place for creative meetings or a place to rest. The lines take inspiration from boat design and dates back to the 1970s, when Trubridge was studying as a naval architect. The body is almost three metres long, broad at the centre and tapered at both ends, giving it a distinctive character and creates space for several people. The shell is upholstered with a quilted...

Open the catalog to page 13
Offecct-News-2020 - 14

Carry On by Mattias Stenberg Offecct’s iconic Carry On is now available as standard with a leather handle. The portable stool can be used by itself or as a complement to other furnishings. It is designed by Mattias Stenberg based on the need for flexible workplaces and interaction in public spaces. Carry On tells the user how it can be used thanks to its oversized handle, but it also signals a desire for creativity in how we think and work. It has simple, round forms and a tailored impression that marries traditional materials and craftsmanship with modern design and function. Carry On is...

Open the catalog to page 14
Offecct-News-2020 - 15

Shift Wood by Daniel Debiasi & Federico Sandri Daniel Debiasi and Federico Sandri’s collaboration with Offecct in 2018 resulted in a highly flexible easy chair named Shift. The easy chair – one seat and three different backs – can easily change the expression in a room. The different heights can be used for everything from individual focus on a work task, to pleasant relaxation and creative meetings. As the function can be varied and upgraded, Shift has a long life. This year Shift is upgraded with a base of solid white stained ash, so its expression can be further varied. Shift is one...

Open the catalog to page 15
Offecct-News-2020 - 16

Spiegel Panel by Verner Panton In 1969, Verner Panton created the iconic interiors for German publisher Der Spiegel in Hamburg. By the Panton family, Offecct has obtained the license right to re-edit the Spiegel acoustic panel true to the original design. Panton wanted to use all of the available surfaces in the building to create the best possible work environment, so he developed a system of acoustic panels. The pyramid shape is ideal for absorbing sound, while it also creates an architectonic mark in the room. The concept, form and dimensions follow the original design, but the material...

Open the catalog to page 16

All OFFECCT catalogs and technical brochures

1. FALABELLA

3 Pages

2. Nomole

3 Pages

3. Thelma

3 Pages

4. Phoenix

3 Pages

5. Maki

3 Pages