OFFECCT 2016
57Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

OFFECCT 2016 - 2

44-47 CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY

Open the catalog to page 2
OFFECCT 2016 - 3

We are proud of the several powerful themes that permeate our 2016 collection — ideas and ideals shared by our talented designers from three continents. Most important is our OFFECCT LifeCircle® concept. This comprehensive program of environmental consciousness motivates all our products and our entire operations. It is our passion and commitment to take this consciousness to ever newer levels through constant innovation and development. A second strong element in this collection is our determined work in improving air quality and acoustics in the contemporary meeting place, reflected in...

Open the catalog to page 3
OFFECCT 2016 - 7

Offecct Lab LAB is our design laboratory at Offecct. Here, we experiment with new sustainable materials and technical solutions to improve furniture and interior design. Objects in the LAB collection are not finished products, but works in progress. Once a product reaches the point at which it is perfectly fine-tuned in every detail, which not all products do, it is launched in our main collection.

Open the catalog to page 7
OFFECCT 2016 - 8

Wind “These room dividers are a concept more than individual products. They can be seen as a celebration of the beauty of nature — a forest of organic shapes that also control acoustics like a kind of tuner, and that make the environment more pleasant and friendly. My inspiration always comes from nature. There are no more perfect shapes than those of a snowflake, a bee hide or a leaf. I think that it will be very nice to have these room dividers as reminders of nature’s beauty in a hospital or a large office landscape, for example. They also make it possible to speak in private even in...

Open the catalog to page 8
OFFECCT 2016 - 10

BIKE BY MONICA FÖRSTER

Open the catalog to page 10
OFFECCT 2016 - 11

Bike “I developed this chair originally for the Bianchi bicycle café here in Stockholm. It’s inspired from the bicycle and sporting worlds and I think it is both Scandinavian and international in its expression. Above all, my ambition was to emphasise the superior handcraft element, with elaborate attention to every detail in the choice of material, the stitching, and other aspects. The chair is really top notch in every sense, suitable both for the office and the home environment. A special quality is that it’s equally beautiful from every angle, also from the back.” — Monica Förster...

Open the catalog to page 11
OFFECCT 2016 - 12

SHEER BY MONICA FÖRSTER Sheer “The idea is simple: to create a chair that is as light as possible. I’ve worked on projects before where, from a working environment perspective, the weight of the products has been decisive. We thought, why not take the demand for light weight very seriously and allow it to be the main driving force in the creative process? Offecct´s skilful product developer Mats Grennfalk showed me an innovative structure in super-thin but very strong steel, and then we worked from there using a slightly transparent technological textile, which we shrink onto the frame. I...

Open the catalog to page 12
OFFECCT 2016 - 15

News 2016 Sustainability, acoustic control, air quality, crossover, inspiration from nature and craftsmanship in wood are some of the lead themes in our 2016 collection — ideas and ideals that we share with our gifted designers from three continents. We are proud to present these exciting new products from eleven designers.

Open the catalog to page 15
OFFECCT 2016 - 16

SOUFFLÉ BY CECILIE MANZ

Open the catalog to page 16
OFFECCT 2016 - 17

Soufflé “The concept originates in a vision for the new office environment, which is more mobile; where meetings are held in more informal settings. My own vision for the group is that of rocks in the archipelago, where you jump from stone to stone. The table is the hub around which the stools gather. The shapes are organic and individual, inspired by nature, not circular but a bit `squeezed´. An important element is the tactile contrast between tough textile coating in the base and the soft `whipped cream´ cushion on the top, a cutting edge mix of foam and natural feathers, which posed an...

Open the catalog to page 17
OFFECCT 2016 - 18

MEMBRANE BY DAVID TRUBRIDGE Membrane “This dividing screen, which filters sound, was commissioned exclusively by Offecct for their ambitious acoustic control line. It can be used to semi-divide spaces and can also be placed against a wall in order to dampen sound. Of course in addition to its strong acoustic control function, it also has a decorative element and can be assembled in various shapes and patterns. An interesting architectonic quality is added in that it is easy to light, creating layers of shadows. My inspiration, as usual, is nature, from where I draw most of my patterns. I...

Open the catalog to page 18
OFFECCT 2016 - 21

Bergen “I designed this chair for the competition which I won for the furnishing of the newly renovated auditorium in the Bergen University, originally built in 1894. The imposing window valves in the room were important as inspiration. The shapes are reflected in the square back and the circular seat. The chair’s character lies in the meeting between these two surfaces, giving the impression of floating in the air, with only a small concealed point of attachment. This gives the chair a minimalistic and slender character, with good stacking capacity. The brief for the competition stated...

Open the catalog to page 21
OFFECCT 2016 - 22

MONTPARNASSE BY CHRISTOPHE PILLET Montparnasse “I have always been interested in Offecct´s philosophy and method. They are into developing alternative solutions and finding new paths instead of just following trends. This easy chair is designed with the ambition of using less material. Traditionally, easy chairs, like other furniture, are based on the idea of quantity, which is not at all updated to our contemporary time. It’s unbelievable, a shame, that quality and status is still valued in terms of size and quantity in cars, sofas, bathrooms etcetera. We developed this chair with a...

Open the catalog to page 22
OFFECCT 2016 - 24

KALI BY JASPER MORRISON

Open the catalog to page 24
OFFECCT 2016 - 25

Kali “The table goes with last year’s chair from Offecct. It’s a simple, straightforward idea based on wood and genuine, honest handcraft, designed to enable local production in Tanzania eventually. It’s somewhat pedagogical in its shape, hopefully without being too ordinary.” — Jasper Morrison Jasper Morrison is arguably the world´s leading furniture and product designer. His peerless thirty-year career encompasses a vast range of celebrated interiors, exhibitions, publications and products for the world’s leading producers. With offices in London and Paris, the Jasper Morrison Ltd design...

Open the catalog to page 25

All OFFECCT catalogs and technical brochures

1. FALABELLA

3 Pages

2. Nomole

3 Pages

3. Thelma

3 Pages

4. Phoenix

3 Pages

5. Maki

3 Pages