Mattiazzi Collections 1-21
172Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 3

Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 MC 21 LEVA P. 2

Open the catalog to page 3
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 4

MC 21 “... an OAR is trying to do MORE with LESS.” M I K E HOL L A N D Brrrrrring brrrrrrring... ANON: Good morning, Foster and Partners KIM: Hello. Mike Holland, please. ANON: One moment... MIKE: Hello, this is Mike. KIM: Hi Mike. I’d like to ask some quick questions about Leva. Your answers can be very brief and informal. MIKE: OK, I’ll try for that. KIM: LEVA seems to be about finessing a very simple round wooden dowel that widens and flattens to become the chair’s backrest. What is the reason for this? MIKE: The chair started with the idea of a simple line – we weren’t really...

Open the catalog to page 4
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 5

MC 21 — LEVA Foster + Partners LEVA grey on ash frame, Kvadrat Steelcut Trio 3/105 upholstery LEVA natural ash

Open the catalog to page 5
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 6

LEVA grey on ash frame, Kvadrat Steelcut Trio 3/105 upholstery LEVA black on ash frame, Sørensen Shade Pitch Black upholstery

Open the catalog to page 6
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 7

LEVA red on ash LEVA black on ash frame, Sørensen Shade Pitch Black upholstery LEVA natural ash “It should be QUIET as a piece of design and something that will ENDURE.” M I K E HOL L A N D

Open the catalog to page 7
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 8

LEVA CHAIR VERSIONS - ASH FRAME - ASH FRAME WITH NON REMOVABLE UPHOLSTERY 665 TECHNICAL DETAILS FABRIC UPHOLSTERY SØRENSEN LEATHER KVADRAT FABRIC PURE NATURE SHADE PITCH 20805 BLACK 20296 GROSS WEIGHT

Open the catalog to page 8
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 9

HOUSE OF BILLIE, Adelaide, Australia

Open the catalog to page 9
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 10

MC 20 “The idea is to make an object that is open for INTERPRETATION, not given a function from the outset, that finds its USE and its PLACE over time” KON S TA N TI N GRC IC KIM: Hi Konstantin. Do you have a moment to talk? KONSTANTIN: Hello. Yes, of course. KIM: I’d like to hear your thinking about Cugino and also about Mattiazzi, having worked with them over many years. So, I’ll start with a few questions. Cugino is quite a solid piece – you might say it plays with a volume of both wood material and void, but it has a small footprint overall. Can you tell me about the tension in its...

Open the catalog to page 10
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 11

MC 20 — CUGINO Konstantin Grcic CUGINO natural oak CUGINO black on oak

Open the catalog to page 11
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 13

“It might REMIND us of SOMETHING, but we haven’t seen it before.” KON S TA N TI N GRC IC CUGINO natural oak CUGINO black on oak CUGINO natural oak

Open the catalog to page 13
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 14

Konstantin Grcic VERSIONS - OAK FRAME 450 DELIVERY DETAILS MAX. PER BOX 330 TECHNICAL DETAILS GROSS WEIGHT

Open the catalog to page 14
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 15

CASA MUTINA, Modena, Italy KADOKAWA TOKOROZAWA CAMPUS, Japan

Open the catalog to page 15
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 16

MC 19 “The TABLE is a first from Mattiazzi – offering discreet power access simply and BEAUTIFULLY” K I M C OL I N SAM: Kim, do you have time to talk about Fronda? Conversation is part of our working process, so let’s discuss how we extended the family from the original stool and chair to include a power-ready table and a new upholstered seat. KIM: Sure. I seem to remember you having a few thoughts and then challenging me on them. Something to do with how we sit together these days? SAM: Yes, that’s it. In making the first Fronda stool, we expressed the idea that the majority of comfort...

Open the catalog to page 16
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 17

MC 19 — FRONDA Sam Hecht & Kim Colin FRONDA STOOL natural pine frame, copper seat FRONDA CHAIR natural pine frame, copper seat

Open the catalog to page 17
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 18

FRONDA TABLE with power option natural pine frame, Rosso Jaipur FENIX top FRONDA CHAIR natural pine frame, copper seat SOFT FRONDA STOOL natural pine frame, Planum 0571 upholstery

Open the catalog to page 18
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 20

FRONDA CHAIR grey pine frame, silver seat

Open the catalog to page 20
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 21

FRONDA STOOL natural pine frame, copper seat “The stool and chair are COMPLEMENTARY but at the same time quite DIFFERENT as INDIVIDUALS” K I M C OL I N

Open the catalog to page 21
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 22

FRONDA various colours

Open the catalog to page 22
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 23

FRONDA TABLE with power option natural pine frame, Nero Ingo FENIX top

Open the catalog to page 23
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 24

FRONDA CHAIR VERSIONS - PINE FRAME WITH STEEL SEAT - PINE FRAME WITH NON REMOVABLE UPHOLSTERY 795 DELIVERY DETAILS GROSS WEIGHT VERSIONS - PINE FRAME WITH STEEL SEAT - PINE FRAME WITH NON REMOVABLE UPHOLSTERY DELIVERY DETAILS GROSS WEIGHT TECHNICAL DETAILS FRONDA TABLE VERSIONS - NATURAL PINE FRAME WITH FENIX NTM ® TOP - POWER OPTION WITH 4X EU SOCKET OUTLET DELIVERY DETAILS GROSS WEIGHT BACHMANN CONNECT LINE 4X SOCKET OUTLET NATURAL FABRIC UPHOLSTERY KVADRAT PLANUM

Open the catalog to page 24
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 25

REFERENCES ORIJINS, Dubai, UAE

Open the catalog to page 25
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 26

MC 18 “Design is an unpredictable process. While designing the ZAMPA stools I never imagined we would add a CHAIR to the family” JASP E R MORRI SON KIM: Hello Jasper. When you have a chance, could you answer some questions about Zampa? JASPER: Thanks for the questions. Answers below. KIM: I know that ‘everyday’ things are important to you in what you collect, what you document and also what you often exhibit. How does Zampa fit with your interest in ‘everyday’ objects? JASPER: I noticed some old country stools, handmade with curved stick legs and roughly connected to circular solid wood...

Open the catalog to page 26
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 27

MC 18 — ZAMPA Jasper Morrison

Open the catalog to page 27
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 29

ZAMPA CHAIRS AND STOOLS various colours on ash

Open the catalog to page 29
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 30

ZAMPA CHAIR black on ash ZAMPA CHAIR natural ash

Open the catalog to page 30
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 31

ZAMPA STOOLS various colours on ash

Open the catalog to page 31
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 32

Jasper Morrison VERSIONS - ASH FRAME 435 DELIVERY DETAILS MAX. PER BOX 430 GROSS WEIGHT ZAMPA COUNTER STOOL DELIVERY DETAILS TECHNICAL DETAILS GROSS WEIGHT GROSS WEIGHT ZAMPA CHAIR DELIVERY DETAILS GROSS WEIGHT

Open the catalog to page 32
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 33

Private house, Italy

Open the catalog to page 33
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 34

MC 17 “Its PADDING makes it COMFORTABLE to SIT on for LONG periods...” INGA SEM PÉ Bienvenue is an upholstered chair for contract sales. Its padding makes it comfortable to sit on for long periods and its low, rounded armrests allow it to slide easily under the table. The idea behind the Bienvenue is cushioning, which instead of resting on the chair is actually part of the structure. With this in mind, the wooden structure is made up of a multi-ply frame supported by solid ash legs. The back legs are built into the frame, from the base to the top. Milling parallel to the uprights allows the...

Open the catalog to page 34
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 35

MC 17 — BIENVENUE Inga Sempé BIENVENUE natural ash, Ombra Bruciato 674 008 upholstery

Open the catalog to page 35
Mattiazzi Collections 1-21 - 37

Inga Sempé BIENVENUE ARMCHAIR VERSIONS - ASH FRAME WITH NON REMOVABLE UPHOLSTERY DELIVERY DETAILS GROSS WEIGHT FABRIC UPHOLSTERY TORRI LANA OMBRA KVADRAT FABRIC TECHNICAL DETA

Open the catalog to page 37

All Mattiazzi catalogs and technical brochures

1. CUGINO

1 Pages

2. MC 21 LEVA

1 Pages

3. MC 18 ZAMPA

2 Pages

4. Together Apart

35 Pages