CLASSIC COLLECTION I 2018
25Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

CLASSIC COLLECTION I 2018 - 2

We, Focal, strive to create sound equipment that honours the artist’s musical creation and empowers you to feel a new dimension of the music. We want every nuance to be revealed with precision and purity. To do this, we push the limits of the current boundaries in sound technology, and go beyond the traditional approach thinking differently. With Focal, let the sound thrill your senses until you go beyond the usual perception of music and discover new fields of emotion.

Open the catalog to page 2
CLASSIC COLLECTION I 2018 - 3

For nearly four decades, Focal has been applying its unique sound signature to speaker drivers and high-end loudspeakers. We are known for our innovative approach which has given rise to exclusive technologies, and some of our loudspeakers have become world class references. The Classic Collection is an opportunity to live an entirely new experience. It will take you beyond sound, and allow you to rediscover the sensations provided by sound with unrivalled purity, reproducing the artist's original work with absolute fidelity. At the heart of the creation, music opens up a world of...

Open the catalog to page 3
CLASSIC COLLECTION I 2018 - 4

UTOPIA III EVO With its loudspeakers Grande Utopia, Stella followed by Scala and Maestro in 2017, the Utopia III Evo range has expanded over the years, unveiling unique and extraordinary acoustic solutions. The four main loudspeakers of the line now benefit from Focal’s most recent innovations whose technological heritage – globally acknowledged – never ceases to grow. The result is an exquisite balance of all frequency registers and an inimitable 'French' style. The bookshelf and centre loudspeaker also take on the line’s original finishes to become Diablo Utopia Colour Evo and Viva Utopia...

Open the catalog to page 4
CLASSIC COLLECTION I 2018 - 5

LOUDSPEAKERS Our classic line embodies the spirit of HighFidelity. Over the years, successive legendary models have produced a collection of loudspeakers which are unique worldwide. The highlights of the era were the three generations of Grande Utopia loudspeakers which were widely acclaimed on an international scale, cementing Focal as one of the most innovative brands in the Hi-Fi industry. Anything that seems to be impossible represents a new challenge for us. We believe pushing the limits of technology to be the only way to fully reveal the slightest nuance and every subtlety in music....

Open the catalog to page 5
CLASSIC COLLECTION I 2018 - 6

The Grande Utopia story started in 1995 with a major innovation: the 'W' composite sandwich cone. It went on in 2002 with the Grande Utopia Be that introduced the pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeter. Its entire DNA is marked by innovation: each generation of this reference loudspeaker brings with it major advances. Let's take Beryllium and Focus Time, for example... a showcase of Focal savoir-faire. The EM (electro-magnet) woofer technology is such a decisive step that it lends its name to the Grande Utopia EM. This new milestone is added to the long list of innovations from previous...

Open the catalog to page 6
CLASSIC COLLECTION I 2018 - 7

• Nominal impedance • Minimum impedance • Crossover frequency • Recommended amplifier power Grande Utopia has left an indelible mark with each generation. It is the most accomplished Focal concept, and the ultimate acoustic reference. This loudspeaker now marks another stage by integrating the most recent Focal technologies: the NIC motor, the TMD suspension, the reinforcement rings and a new-generation crossover system. With its exceptional performance and unique style, Grande Utopia EM Evo is no longer just a technological landmark, it is an acoustic sculpture. The technological twin...

Open the catalog to page 7
CLASSIC COLLECTION I 2018 - 8

• Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) • Nominal impedance • Minimum impedance • Crossover frequency • Recommended amplifier power Distinguished and captivating, this bookshelf loudspeaker represents the ultimate vision of compactness, in the purest Focal tradition. Inspired by Grande Utopia EM, the definition of the midrange and treble is spellbinding, and the density and hold of the bass is like nothing that's ever been heard before. It completes the Utopia III Evo line by retaining its sound tuning, but gets the new Evo finishes. Which are always in keeping with the look of the line. This is a 3-way...

Open the catalog to page 8
CLASSIC COLLECTION I 2018 - 9

Reveal the invisible At Focal, innovation doesn’t stop with technology. We’re obsessed with the comprehensive result: a harmonically rich, lush sound; a transparent and precise reproduction of the musical work. Still, we’ve never lost track of our core expertise in loudspeaker drivers, the stepping stones along the path to great sound. The original Grande Utopia was designed in 1995 as a prototype to apply and validate new speaker technologies. Twenty years later, Utopia is undeniably a world reference, praised for its incredible musicality. We continue to learn and to progress by...

Open the catalog to page 9
CLASSIC COLLECTION I 2018 - 10

• Frequency response (±3dB) • Low frequency point -6dB • Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) • Nominal impedance • Minimum impedance • Crossover frequency • Recommanded amplifier power Compact and powerful, Sopra N°1 is a distillation of technological innovation. It features Neutral Inductance Circuits NIC, Tuned Mass Damping surround TMD for the midrange woofer, and Infinite Horn Loading IHL for the tweeter. It is a true demonstration of the contribution of the new technologies implemented on Sopra. The special stand has been designed to ground interfering vibrations from the enclosure to the floor to...

Open the catalog to page 10
CLASSIC COLLECTION I 2018 - 11

Performance meets style! KANTA 6 QJ Kanta renews the Premium enclosure segment through its design and the technology. Our intention was to design a speaker range totally focused on acoustic performance, along with a resolutely mould-breaking aesthetic; this is the Kanta DNA! After three years of Research & Development, Kanta offers a combination of hitherto unprecedented technologies: the marriage of Beryllium (in our latest generation IAL3 tweeter) and Flax (for the midrange speaker drivers and woofers) results in precise, detailed sound, brimming with warmth and musicality. In 2018, the...

Open the catalog to page 11
CLASSIC COLLECTION I 2018 - 12

• Frequency response (±3dB) • Low frequency point (-6dB) • Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) • Nominal impedance • Minimum impedance • Crossover frequency • Recommanded amplifier power • Dimensions (HxWxD) Compact and high-performing, this bookshelf loudspeaker has surprising extension of the frequency response in the bass for its size. The performance of the next generation IAL tweeter adds the finishing touch to the modern, ingenious design of this sound equipment. Its full potential is revealed in a room of less than 269 square feet (25 m2). Kanta N°1Gauloise Blue finish 2-way bass-reflex bookshelf...

Open the catalog to page 12

All FOCAL catalogs and technical brochures

1. 1000 ICW6

2 Pages

2. 1000 ICA6

2 Pages

3. 1000 IW6

2 Pages

4. 1000 ICLCR5

3 Pages

5. 1000 IWLCR6

2 Pages