C o l l e c t i o n 2 0 2 1
144Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

C o l l e c t i o n 2 0 2 1 - 2

Collection 2021 Once again, we are ready to present a new collection from Design For The People. Before our novelties see the light of day an extensive process goes into creating each and every design. This year is no exception. The first step in the process of designing a new collection is inspiration. Finding inspiration for materials, shapes, colors, and direction is key to the process. We have sought inspiration in nature with its imperfect and organic shapes, in earlier style periods like Art Deco and also in the present modern style. We look at forecasts and trends, embrace them and...

Open the catalog to page 2
C o l l e c t i o n 2 0 2 1 - 6

Red Dot D e s i g n A w a rd Glossy Table Red Dot Award Winner 2021 The Red Dot Award is one of the most recognized international design contests in the world and has been a quality stamp in the design industry since 1955. Each year, Red Dot receives more than 17,000 entries from close to 60 countries, which will subsequently be reviewed and judged by a jury of 40 independent design experts. The price is divided into three categories: Product Design, Design Concept and Communication Design. Red Dot is organized by Design Zentrum North Rhine Westphalia in Essen, Germany.

Open the catalog to page 6
C o l l e c t i o n 2 0 2 1 - 9

Yo u c a n t u r n o f f the light, but I’m still gonna shine Glossy Table Red Dot Award Winner 2021 ”Glossy is my favourite lamp. I feel that it successfully balances form and a mix of materials. The entire construction and expression of the lamp is simple and timeless. It makes me proud and incredibly happy that the design has been acknowledged with a Red Dot Award” designer Maria Berntsen. A pleasant, softened light shines through the lightweight shade – and the shiny surface maintains its’ special glow, even when the light is turned off. Maria Berntsen Designer Originally Glossy was...

Open the catalog to page 9
C o l l e c t i o n 2 0 2 1 - 10

Ha l l o f f a m e SpaceB Floor by Bønnelycke mdd Red Dot Award Winner 2019 Front 36 Wall by Sebastian Holmbäck Red Dot Award Winner 2017 Strap 36 Pendant by Bjørn + Balle Red Dot Award Winner 2017 SpaceB Pendantby Bønnelyke mdd Red Dot Award Winner 2019 Glossy Table, Marble by Maria Berntsen Red Dot Award Winner 2021 Stay Wall & Table by Maria Berntsen Red Dot Award Winner 2020 Artist 40 Pendant by Bønnelycke mdd Red Dot Award Winner 2017 Belly 38 Pendant by Bønnelycke mdd Red Dot Award Winner 2

Open the catalog to page 10
C o l l e c t i o n 2 0 2 1 - 15

Ma r i a B e r n t s e n Holds degrees from both The Royal Danish Academy Art and L’Ecole d’Architecture Based in Copenhagen, Denmark With her own design studio in Copenhagen, Maria Berntsen has since 1992 focused on architecture and design. Maria Berntsen is a well-established name in the design industry and has over the years collaborated with a wide range of Danish and international companies, where her extensive experience has resulted in many successful designs. “At the start of a new project, I look for an idea with nerve, functionality and identity. By modelling and visualizing, I...

Open the catalog to page 15
C o l l e c t i o n 2 0 2 1 - 16

Shapes Table, Brass by Maria Berntsen Shapes The Shapes series by Danish designer Maria Berntsen draws inspiration from elegant, organically shaped jewellery. The opal glass shade is carried out in a unique, asymmetrical form that plays beautifully together with the shiny brass base and creates a refined and intriguing expression. The lamp emits a soft and diffused light trough the mouth blown glass shade that is perfect for working or relaxing. Learn more about Shapes on p80

Open the catalog to page 16
C o l l e c t i o n 2 0 2 1 - 17

p17 design for the people Shapes Floor, Brass by Maria Berntsen

Open the catalog to page 17
C o l l e c t i o n 2 0 2 1 - 18

Shapes Pendant 22, Brass by Maria Berntsen

Open the catalog to page 18
C o l l e c t i o n 2 0 2 1 - 20

p20 design for the people Align Table, Black by Maria Berntsen

Open the catalog to page 20
C o l l e c t i o n 2 0 2 1 - 21

Align is a series of contemporary and elegant table lamps by Danish designer Maria Berntsen that encourage interaction and curiosity. The inner shade of the lamp is static, while the outer shade can easily be moved for a changeable light that fits any need. The design language is simple, yet playful with a satin soft, matt surface and beautiful brushed brass details. Learn more about Align on p85 Align Table, Grey by Maria Berntsen

Open the catalog to page 21
C o l l e c t i o n 2 0 2 1 - 22

Align Table, White by Maria Berntsen

Open the catalog to page 22
C o l l e c t i o n 2 0 2 1 - 24

Mobile Pendant, Black by Maria Berntsen

Open the catalog to page 24
C o l l e c t i o n 2 0 2 1 - 25

Danish designer Maria Berntsen has created the classic, yet unique Mobile pendant in a slim and elegant design. The two rounded shades and discreet brass detail give the pendant a modern and light look that is perfect above the dining table. Light reflects from the bottom shade onto the opalized top shade releasing a beautiful, diffused and glare-free light. You can easily adjust the shades closer together for a centred, downward light or further apart for a more diffused light spreading out in the room. Learn more about Mobile on p86 Mobile Pendant, White by Maria Berntsen

Open the catalog to page 25
C o l l e c t i o n 2 0 2 1 - 26

Stay Pendant, Black by Maria Berntsen S t a y TM Stay is designed by Maria Berntsen and is a modern, yet timeless lighting design at the same time. The oblique cut of the shade creates an open and pointing shape that allows for lots of light to shine through. The Stay pendant emits a soft, comfortable light both upwards and downwards – and creates the perfect ambience for cosy moments around the dinner table. Learn more about Stay on p82

Open the catalog to page 26
C o l l e c t i o n 2 0 2 1 - 27

Stay Pendant, Grey by Maria Berntsen

Open the catalog to page 27
C o l l e c t i o n 2 0 2 1 - 28

Stay Long Wall, Grey by Maria Berntsen Stay Long Wall, Grey by Maria Berntsen Stay wall “My idea was to create a timeless lamp series that could be included in the modern home. I wanted to use the LED technology we know with the option to dim the light, thus providing the perfect lighting for working/reading or a cosy coffee on the sofa.” - Maria Berntse

Open the catalog to page 28
C o l l e c t i o n 2 0 2 1 - 29

Stay Wall, Grey by Maria Berntsen Stay Table, Black by Maria Berntsen Stay Wall, Black by Maria Berntsen Stay Floor, Black by Maria Berntsen

Open the catalog to page 29
C o l l e c t i o n 2 0 2 1 - 30

Stay Long Table, Grey by Maria Berntsen

Open the catalog to page 30
C o l l e c t i o n 2 0 2 1 - 32

Angle Wall, Grey by Maria Berntsen

Open the catalog to page 32
C o l l e c t i o n 2 0 2 1 - 33

Learn more about Angle on p86 Angle wall light by Danish designer Maria Berntsen is a modern and timeless design that fits perfectly as a beside light or above the bathroom mirror. The lamp is carried out in a playful and interactive design with a magnetically attached shade that can easily be adjusted to fit your needs. Turn, tilt or move the shade for a directional or indirect light. A USB charging port on the side conveniently lets you charge your phone or other device. Angle Wall, Black by Maria Berntsen

Open the catalog to page 33

All Engi Lighting catalogs and technical brochures

1. UFO

1 Pages

2. Luna Piena

2 Pages

3. BETA SLIM

1 Pages

4. BIG GIO

1 Pages

5. GIO

1 Pages