Delta Faucet Care and Maintenance Guide (DL-1767)
24Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

Delta Faucet Care and Maintenance Guide (DL-1767) - 1

Answers to frequently asked questions about how to keep your Delta® faucets at their best.

Open the catalog to page 1
Delta Faucet Care and Maintenance Guide (DL-1767) - 2

Congratulations. You’ve made a smart choice. Your new Delta® faucets are performance inside and out— offering thoughtful features that make a difference in your everyday life. 7 New technologies 13 Before you call 18 Smart features 23 Lifetime faucet and finish limited warranty

Open the catalog to page 2
Delta Faucet Care and Maintenance Guide (DL-1767) - 3

Registration. Why register your new Delta faucets? It is to your benefit to register your new Delta faucets. When you do, your information is entered into our proprietary database that will enable us to contact you regarding your Delta faucets should the need arise. We respect your privacy and will only use the information you provide us to better serve you — it will never be sold to or used by another company or third party. To register your Delta faucets, visit deltafaucet.com/warranty. And, for more detailed care and maintenance information, visit deltafaucet.com/customersupport.

Open the catalog to page 3
Delta Faucet Care and Maintenance Guide (DL-1767) - 4

Early maintenance. I just moved into a newly constructed home. What should I know about my faucets? Even though a plumber flushes the pipes before completing work on your home, a small amount of construction debris may be flushed out of your pipe system during the first few days you use your faucets. Solder particles, copper chips, plumber tape and other installation materials can also get caught in aerators and showerheads. The tips below will help you avoid problems. It’s also a good idea to follow these procedures each time the water has been turned off for repairs in your home. To Flush...

Open the catalog to page 4
Delta Faucet Care and Maintenance Guide (DL-1767) - 5

To Flush a Tub/Shower Faucet: • Remove showerhead from arm, if applicable. • Turn handle(s) to full-on hot and cold mixed position(s). • Flush tub spout for two minutes without moving handle(s). • Divert water to shower (if applicable) and flush shower arm for two minutes. If you need to more thoroughly clean your showerhead, go to page 17. • BE SAFE! Make sure cold water flows FIRST and that the adjustable rotational limit stop is properly set. * Visit deltafaucet.com/rotationalstop for more information on setting the adjustable rotational limit stop. Due to inlet water temperature...

Open the catalog to page 5
Delta Faucet Care and Maintenance Guide (DL-1767) - 6

Cleaning tips. How should I clean or maintain the finish on my faucet? • ipe your faucet with a damp cloth and mild household cleanser. W • ry with a soft cloth to retain luster and shine. D • emove hard water stains with a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and water. R Rinse thoroughly with water afterward. What cleaning products can cause damage to faucet finishes? Although your faucet’s finish is extremely durable, it can be damaged or scratched by harsh cleaners or abrasives. Here’s what to avoid: • Industrial cleaners • Heavy-duty scrub sponges • Abrasive cleaners • roducts that state on...

Open the catalog to page 6
Delta Faucet Care and Maintenance Guide (DL-1767) - 7

What’s the best way to remove lime and mineral deposits from my faucet? If using a mild household cleanser doesn’t do the job, place a cloth soaked in white vinegar over the deposits for several hours, then try the mild cleanser again. Note: Drying the faucet with a soft cloth after each use will help prevent mineral deposits. How do I remove mineral deposits from the aerator? • nscrew aerator or use the special tool that came with your faucet. U If your aerator has a separate black sealing gasket, rinse it in clear water. • Soak the aerator in a 50/50 vinegar and water solution for several...

Open the catalog to page 7
Delta Faucet Care and Maintenance Guide (DL-1767) - 8

New technologies. DIAMOND™ Seal Technology Our patented DIAMOND Seal Technology combines a disc embedded with real diamonds with InnoFlex® PEX waterways, resulting in incredible durability and reliability. In fact, our faucets with DIAMOND Seal Technology are designed and tested to last up to 10 times longer than the industry standard. * * Industry standard based on ASME A112.18.1 of 500,000 cycles. The threat of leaks is all but eliminated thanks to the exclusive one-piece supply lines, DIAMOND™ valve and no dynamic seals. Satisfies all current state and federal drinking water legislation....

Open the catalog to page 8
Delta Faucet Care and Maintenance Guide (DL-1767) - 9

My single-handle faucet with a DIAMOND Valve has an orange handle limit stop. How do I set it? Some single-handle faucets with DIAMOND Seal Technology that were produced after October 1, 2008, feature a two-function handle limit stop. The handle limit stop — which enables you to limit movement of the handle, so it cannot move to the full-on hot position —offers the choice of two settings: 1. Full range of handle motion (this option is pre-set at the factory). 2. A stop option that restricts handle motion to a 50/50 mix of hot and cold water. * To Change Your Handle Limit Stop Setting to a...

Open the catalog to page 9
Delta Faucet Care and Maintenance Guide (DL-1767) - 10

New technologies. Touch2O® and Touch2O.xt™ Technologies Sometimes your hands could use a hand. With Delta® Touch2O Technology faucets in the kitchen and bath, the intuitive touch activation allows you to tap anywhere on the spout or handle to start or stop the flow of water (when the handle is in the ON position). You can also go completely hands-free with new Touch2O.xt Technology bath faucets. Simply move your hand near the faucet and this innovative technology activates the flow of water. What if my Touch2O faucet handle or spout doesn’t respond to touch? Depending on the possible cause,...

Open the catalog to page 10
Delta Faucet Care and Maintenance Guide (DL-1767) - 11

• Check the Installation Instructions/Owner’s Manual—which can be found by visiting deltafaucet.com and searching for your faucet model — to ensure proper installation of all electrical connections and spout insulating elements. • Reset the unit by disconnecting the battery or power supply; wait 30 seconds and re-connect battery or power supply. What if my LED does not come on? • Check the LED plug to ensure it is fully engaged in the control box. • Replace the batteries, if needed. What if my faucet is not responding to touch and/or hands-free operation and the manual handle doesn’t turn...

Open the catalog to page 11
Delta Faucet Care and Maintenance Guide (DL-1767) - 12

New technologies. Touch2O® and Touch2O.xt™ Technologies (continued) What if the hands-free mode isn’t working on my faucet with Touch2O.xt Technology? • Reactivate the hands-free mode by performing the following tap sequence: (a) Do not touch the faucet for 10 seconds. Tap the faucet six times within four seconds. Wait for the red/blue light to stop flashing. Tap the faucet again six times within four seconds. This step must be completed within four seconds of Step (d). The red/blue light will flash to confirm that the hands-free mode is activated. If the red/blue light does not flash, wait...

Open the catalog to page 12

All Delta catalogs and technical brochures

1. Palm Shower

2 Pages

2. Project Pack

1 Pages

3. Handshowers

2 Pages

4. E Soap

1 Pages

5. DEMD Sell

1 Pages