video corpo

Katalog SS 2015
67Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

Katalog SS 2015 - 3

’LU C K ILY, P EO P LE AR E DIFF ERENT .’ Mogens Lassen About by Lassen by Lassen owns the rights to the designs of two of Denmark’s greatest architects Mogens Lassen (1901-1987) and Flemming Lassen (1902-1984). The Lassen brothers were extremely talented and were honoured with many awards and grants for their unique designs and iconic architecture. by Lassen is a family business whose simple mission is to carry the Lassen legacy forward - because good design lives on through new generations.

Open the catalog to page 3
Katalog SS 2015 - 4

Mogens billede i ny kontekst Mogens Lassen Architect Mogens Lassen (1901-1987) is among the greatest and most influential of Danish architects, a pioneer of Danish Functionalism, and is internationally renowned for his characteristic architecture. Mogens Lassen was inspired by the German design school Bauhaus, and its geometric shapes recur often in his iconic designs. 3

Open the catalog to page 4
Katalog SS 2015 - 5

Flemming Lassen Architect Flemming Lassen (1902-1984) was a Modernist and part of the movement that brought Functionalism to Denmark. Flemming Lassen is particularly well known for his work with Arne Jacobsen on the award-winning House of the Future and Søllerød Town Hall, and his furniture has also achieved international recognition. 5

Open the catalog to page 5
Katalog SS 2015 - 7

Locally made & fine Craftsmanship ”Good craftsmanship should be appreciated.” Mogens Lassen, the man behind the quotation and designer of the iconic Kubus candleholder, was well aware of the importance of craftsmanship. The two architect brothers, Mogens and Flemming Lassen, shared the same approach to craftsmanship – good craftsmanship is not just synonymous with functionality and aesthetics, but also with quality. At by Lassen, we feel exactly the same way about craftsmanship, which is also why we manufacture our products locally. ‘Local manufacturing’ isn’t just a stamp on a product....

Open the catalog to page 7
Katalog SS 2015 - 8

Nærum boarding school,1910. From left: Flemming Lassen, Mogens Lassen, Hans Bretton-Meyer, Gert Ditlev-Jørgensen, Arne Jacobsen. ’I WA S B OR N T O B E A N A R CH I T E CT , A N D T HE T H OU GH T OF D OI N G SOM E T H I N G E L SE H A S N E V E R CR OSSE D M Y M I N D .’ Mogens Lassen The Lassen brothers always knew that they would become architects. Their enthusiasm spread to their good friend Arne Jacobsen, and they convinced him to become an architect. Later, the brothers received a letter of thanks from Jacobsen’s father for convincing his son also to become an architect. 11

Open the catalog to page 8
Katalog SS 2015 - 9

We have invited two stylists to reveal what their Kubus means to them... Natalia Sanchez Echevarria, Interior designer and stylist, Spatial Code “I received my Kubus candleholder as a gift 15 years ago. It stands on my desk, where it is surrounded by other objects that I come across in my endless inquisitiveness for beautiful things. My interior design style is a harmonious mix of various styles – everything that enters my home has a story and a special significance for me.” Mette Helena Rasmussen, Artist, interior stylist owner of Retro Villa. “I own 3 Kubus candleholders. They can stand...

Open the catalog to page 9
Katalog SS 2015 - 10

A Dash of Green Soft, muted green tones remind us of the originality of nature. Look around you and allow yourself to be inspired by the colour of hope. Bring it into your home by simple means – such as wallpaper or cushions, or go all in and create an exclusive and bold hotel style with green as the dominant colour.

Open the catalog to page 10
Katalog SS 2015 - 11

A Dash of Green #1 Twin table, brass/misty green #2 Flow wallpaper, mud grey #3 Frame14, pale green #4 Frame35, pale green #5 Kubus Bowl, beige #6 Flow Cushion, sand 35x70 cm #7 Mingle sofa, fame 61136 #8 Frame Sideboard, pale green 17

Open the catalog to page 11
Katalog SS 2015 - 12

About Frame A Mogens Lassen sketch from 1943 forms the starting point for Frame, a flexible storage solution comprised of square boxes in cubic frames. Frame modules can be hung directly on the wall, connected together, stacked, or stand on their own on the floor. Combine Frame modules into a classic shelf, a unique sculpture or something entirely new. The individual combination options are endless. Frame is manufactured in Denmark and created with attention to detail. Frame unites functionality, quality and aesthetics. You decide the ultimate look. 19

Open the catalog to page 12
Katalog SS 2015 - 13

PRODUCT Frame DESIGN by Lassen 2013 MATERIAL Light grey, dark grey, white or pale green melamine, black stained ash or oak veneer / MDF 21

Open the catalog to page 13
Katalog SS 2015 - 14

Frame App Finding it difficult to imagine the optimal Frame combination? Download our Frame app via App Store or check in on www.bylassen.com and try out our Frame configurator. The Frame app lets you put together exactly the combination you want, as well as view prices and measurements. Explore, play, and experiment – the only limit is your imagination. Scan the QR code and download the Frame app via App Store.

Open the catalog to page 14
Katalog SS 2015 - 15

Download the app from the Apple App Store on your iPad. Search for bylassen, and the app will appear in the results. Build your own Frame combination by dragging the products around the screen. Tap the measurement tape button in the left column and place your Frame combination next to the 3D centre. To view your design in 3D, tap the ’Experience your design in 3D’ button. Tap ’HERE’ to send your Frame Marker to print. Enter your email address and send it to yourself. Print the Frame Marker from your email. Place the printed Frame Marker in the spot in the room where your Frame combination...

Open the catalog to page 15
Katalog SS 2015 - 16

About Saxe Mogens Lassen designed the Saxe folding chair in 1955. The wish to create a distinctive, timeless and functional piece of furniture was fully expressed in Saxe and the chair is just as contemporary today as it was 60 years ago. As with all Mogens Lassen designs, nothing has been left to chance and Saxe is a prime example of function uniting with quality. 27

Open the catalog to page 16
Katalog SS 2015 - 18

PRODUCT Saxe DESIGN Mogens Lassen 1955 COLOUR MATERIAL Black stained oak/black leather, smoked oak/brown leather, oak/natural leather. 31

Open the catalog to page 18
Katalog SS 2015 - 19

About The Tired Man Flemming Lassen designed the overstuffed armchair, The Tired Man, in 1935 for the Cabinetmakers’ Guild Competition. According to Flemming Lassen himself, the aim of the chair was for the person sitting in it to feel “like a polar bear cub held by its mother in the middle of the ice cap feeling warm and safe”.

Open the catalog to page 19

All By Lassen catalogs and technical brochures

1. LASSEN CHAIR

8 Pages

2. VILHELM

2 Pages

3. INGEBORG

2 Pages

4. Frame

15 Pages

5. Hallway

3 Pages