video corpo

Catalogue 2016
132Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

Catalogue 2016 - 7

I N TR OD U C I NG TH E BROT HERS M OGENS LA SSEN F LEM M I NG LA SSEN BOTA NICS LI VI NG RO O M ST YLIN G ST O RI E S O FFICE PR OD UCT PAGES TH E CO LLECT IO N OVERVI EW & CO LO URS IN F O R M ATI ON & M EAS UREMENT S

Open the catalog to page 7
Catalogue 2016 - 9

T HE STORY by Lassen is a Danish design company founded in 2008 with the aim of bringing the designs of visionary architect Mogens Lassen back into public consciousness. Later the designs of his brother Flemming Lassen, another of Denmark’s great functionalist architects, were added to the collection, followed by those of an internal by Lassen design team. icons waiting in the wings for their turn in the limelight. We are honoured to act as the caretakers of such an important legacy and are committed to developing a collection that has complete respect for the original designs. The...

Open the catalog to page 9
Catalogue 2016 - 11

BASE KUBUS BOWL FRAM E F LOW CUSH ION H O U S E G RAP H ICS IL LUST RAT E V IEW DESIGN OF M ATCH BOX M ESCH FUNK IS TW I N BOOKCASE

Open the catalog to page 11
Catalogue 2016 - 13

I NTR OD U C I NG TH E B R OTH ERS Mogens Lassen & Flemming Lassen

Open the catalog to page 13
Catalogue 2016 - 14

Open the catalog to page 14
Catalogue 2016 - 15

1 901-198 7 him. Despite the challenges, it was Paris that shaped Mogens Lassen. He adored the open kitchens found in the city’s restaurants – they were full of life and, for Mogens, represented the most important room in the house. It was also here in Paris that he was first acquainted with Le Corbusier, who became a source of ongoing inspiration. During his time in Paris, Mogens was honoured with the offer of a place in Le Corbusier’s studio, which he gracefully refused, feeling that his French was not good enough. When he was only a child, Mogens Lassen already knew that he would one day...

Open the catalog to page 15
Catalogue 2016 - 16

He was a modest man by nature and not the type who cared about becoming rich and famous. He was always sketching, even on Christmas Eve, and passed away with a pencil in his hand. He loved to retreat to his workroom, which was more of a cave with small pathways carved out between mountains of papers and objects. It was anything but simple and stringent, but Mogens loved the cave’s qualities and the feeling of security it conferred. In fact, he applied this ‘cave’ concept to the houses that he designed, where windows would never face each other directly across the room. This is how one of...

Open the catalog to page 16
Catalogue 2016 - 21

MO GENS LA SSEN Project 'Esbjerg Arena', 1937

Open the catalog to page 21
Catalogue 2016 - 22

Open the catalog to page 22
Catalogue 2016 - 23

1 902-198 4 Architect Flemming Lassen was a Modernist and part of the movement to bring Functionalism to Denmark. He is particularly renowned for his overstuffed furniture, receiving major international recognition in the design world for his armchairs which today have become known as “the Flemming Lassen style”. Like his brother Mogens Lassen, Flemming already knew from a very young age that he would become an architect. He was born into an artistic family with a father who was a decorative painter and a mother who was also a painter. As a child, he and his brother spent all of their...

Open the catalog to page 23
Catalogue 2016 - 27

LEF T S I D E Flemming Lassen (seated left) with his colleague Arne Jacobsen RIGHT SIDE Flemming Lassen project with Arne Jacobsen ‘House of the Future‘, 1929

Open the catalog to page 27
Catalogue 2016 - 29

’I N TH E PAST, EVEN T HE GO O D C RA FTS M EN H AD D R AWI NGS T HAT T HEY CO ULD WOR K F R OM I N DEFINIT ELY, FO R Y E AR S . N OW C H AI R S ARE CHA NGING AS QU I C K LY AS M Y WI F E CHA NGES HER S UM M ER AND WI N TER HAT S – A LL IN T H E NAM E OF FAS H I ON – BUT CHA IR FAS H I ON, TH AT’S EM I NENT LY SENSIBLE’ Flemming Lassen F LEM M I N G LA S S E N Prototype of an upholstered chair. The begining of The Tired Man, 1935

Open the catalog to page 29
Catalogue 2016 - 33

T HE STORY Architect Mogens Lassen’s classic Kubus candleholder first achieved its final form in 1962, after Lassen spent years fine-tuning an iron prototype that stood on his desk. Next to it was a small steam engine that he would activate when his work came to a standstill – and it would generate new ideas and enable him to forge ahead. He was always filled with a fascination for mechanics and the way things worked and fit together. Mogens Lassen loved to experiment with new shapes and functions; he was a perfectionist and his sense of proportion and mathematics was flawless: Each...

Open the catalog to page 33
Catalogue 2016 - 37

T HE STORY Frame is a flexible storage solution that can trace its design back to a Mogens Lassen sketch from 1943. Inspired to a large extent by Cubism, Mogens Lassen envisioned a number of square boxes in cubic frames which could be placed together in different ways creating multiple possibilities for personalised storage designs and arrangements. Perhaps too far-sighted and innovative for its time to imagine that individualised storage constellations would catch on, the system never evolved past the sketch stage. Many years later, by Lassen discovered the original sketch and was...

Open the catalog to page 37
Catalogue 2016 - 43

T HE STORY With an underplayed elegance, Rimm is a series of vases and flowerpots that stand on the shoulders of the exceptional Nordic tradition of artisanship, ceramics and functional design. Both flowerpots and vases have the same stringent, modernistic form and expression with a beautifully defined rim of varying heights that acts as a framelike central motif, hence the name. Decorative elements are achieved as a result of a focus on materials and handcraft, while a subtle yet exclusive colour scheme ensures that the plant’s greener elements gain maximum attention. With its special...

Open the catalog to page 43
Catalogue 2016 - 47

Mogens Lassen was a pioneer of Danish Functionalism, believing that “architecture is not about style; rather it is about space that acts upon the soul.” With his brother Flemming, he grew up with sketching tools in his hand, a lively imagination and a penchant for structures, buildings and shapes. With their architecture, each brother took an international perspective, designing highly characteristic buildings with a focus on harmony, special colour combinations and a holistic approach. Mogens Lassen in particular sought to combine exteriors and interiors by including large windows and...

Open the catalog to page 47

All By Lassen catalogs and technical brochures

1. LASSEN CHAIR

8 Pages

2. VILHELM

2 Pages

3. INGEBORG

2 Pages

4. Frame

15 Pages

5. Hallway

3 Pages