video corpo
  • Products
  • Catalogues
  • Projects
  • News & Trends
  • Exhibitions

Low - U - value systèm - 4 Pages

  1. P. 1

  2. P. 2

  3. P. 3

  4. P. 4

Catalogue excerpts

Kalzip’s low U-value roof system provides a cost effective and technically sound solution for roof U-values as low as 0.10 W/m2/K. The system has been developed in anticipation of changes to Part L of the Building Regulations in 2010 and beyond. These new regulations will lead to ever-tightening design limits on thermal performance. Maintaining all the qualities and benefits of a Kalzip standing seam roofing system this hybrid configuration combines rigid insulation boards with glass mineral fibre layers. It is the symbiosis of the two insulation types that gives the system its high performance and uniqueness in achieving extremely low U-values, allowing a significantly greater overall thermal resistance to be achieved compared to that of any one single layer of insulation of the same total thickness. Kalzip low U-value roof system Achieving 0.10 W/m2/K product review

 Open the catalogue to page 1

Step change approach to sustainable construction 2002 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2013 2016 Part L1A Base start -23% -25% -44% Zero Regulations point (April 2006) (cumulative (cumulative Carbon Energy/Carbon -48%) -92%) Home Reduction Levels Code for Level 3 Level 4 Level 5 Level 6 Sustainable (April 2007) (zero (zero energy Homes emissions emissions) (Dec 2006) from heating, Rating Levels hot water, Homes ventilation & lighting) (includes: energy, CO2, and potable water consumption, materials, water run-off, site waste, lighting and white goods.) Public Sector Mandatory Mandatory Mandatory Mandatory...

 Open the catalogue to page 2

Liner-deck roof system The liner-deck roof system is a variation of the standard liner roof system. A higher structural grade of steel is used to allow the clip rails to be positioned away from purlins. Kalzip low U-value roof system The low U-value system is primarily based on a standard Kalzip standing seam roof build and as such is subject to the same basic set of criteria and properties for materials, finishes, geometries, accessories and components as outlined in the Kalzip systems brochure. System configurations The Kalzip low U-value system is available with four types of roof lining Standard...

 Open the catalogue to page 3

Kalzip Insulation 23 Kalzip Insulation 23 is a standard component for use in the Kalzip low U-value roof system. It is a high performance rigid polyisocyanurate (PIR) insulation board, introduced to give a second layer of insulation with low thermal conductivity. Kalzip Insulation 23 is faced on both sides with a low-emissivity which is highly resistant to the transmission of water vapour in accordance with BS 4370-2: 1993. Kalzip glass quilt insulation At the heart of Kalzip’s insulation products is a full range of Kalzip Insulation Plus materials which are high performance glass quilts offering...

 Open the catalogue to page 4

All Kalzip catalogues and technical brochures

Archived catalogues

  1. Achieving goals

    22 Pages

    En
  2. Quality lasts

    12 Pages

    En
  3. Kalzip XT

    4 Pages

    En
  4. Kalzip Systems

    72 Pages

    En