product manual 2011
24Pages

{{requestButtons}}

Catalog excerpts

product manual 2011 - 1

Product manual April 2011

Open the catalog to page 1
product manual 2011 - 3

04 | Product manual | | Product manual | 05 1 . P RO D U C T D E S C R I P T I O N 1.1. STARLIGHT Composite panel made with a conic-cells transparent honeycomb core laminated with two layers of transparent/ coloured/satin-finished resin. Starlight is available in the following variations: STARLIGHT BASIC Standard entry-lever product. STARLIGHT EXTRA In comparison with Starlight Basic, has a stronger core: it is suitable for structural uses and when machining is needed ( like 45°cuts, milling etc.) STARLIGHT PLUS Panels with Fire Certification STARLIGHT PLUS FLOOR Panels specific for raised...

Open the catalog to page 3
product manual 2011 - 4

06 | Product manual | | Product manual | 07 2. HANDLING AND STORAGE 3. MANTAINANCE 3.1. STARLIGHT - PLUS - LIGHTBEN - PLUS A plastic film protects STALIGHT, LIGHTBEN, HEXABEN and ECOBEN panels. It is advisable to keep the protective film in place for as long as possible, until panel installation. Storage must be carried out in a sheltered location (warehouse) with temperatures between 10°C and +30°C, avoiding direct sunlight, exposure to rain and snow, and presence of corrosive substances and/or solvents. Handling of a single panel must be done in a vertical position avoiding rubbing...

Open the catalog to page 4
product manual 2011 - 5

08 | Product manual | | Product manual | 09 3. MANTAINANCE 3.2. STARLIGHT, STARLIGHT-EXTRA, LIGHTBEN BASIC, HEXABEN SMALL/LARGE 3. MANTAINANCE 3.3. STARLIGHT - PLUS - UVP, LIGHTBEN - PLUS - UVP, STARLIGHT PLUS FLOOR PANELS - HEXABEN PLUS Dust and mill scale removal from edges and surfaces Edge cleaning: use compressed air to clean the edges. Surface cleaning: blow with compressed air and/or use an antistatic cloth wiping gently in order to avoid abrasions. Dust and mill scale removal from edges and surfaces Edge cleaning: use compressed air to clean the edges. Surface cleaning: blow with...

Open the catalog to page 5
product manual 2011 - 6

010 | Product manual | | Product manual | 011 4 . P RO D U C T S P RO C E S S I N G 4 . P RO D U C T S P RO C E S S I N G TOOL GEOMETRIES AND RECOMMENDED PARAMETERS GENERAL PROCESSING RECOMMENDATIONS a) b) c) d) e) f) g) h) Do not undergo mechanical processing onto panels before 10 days’ from production. Avoid overheating the material: tools must be correctly sharpened, cleaned and not damaged. Use appropriate tool cooling systems (compressed air, water) in order to avoid material overheating which can cause formation of air light and chips, which are difficult to remove. Firmly anchor the...

Open the catalog to page 6
product manual 2011 - 7

012 | Product manual | | Product manual | 013 4 . P RO D U C T S P RO C E S S I N G 4 . P RO D U C T S P RO C E S S I N G 4.1.2. CUTTING SPECIFICATIONS RECOMMENDED BY RAW MATERIAL MANUFACTURERS ALTERNATING SEMI-TRAPEZOIDAL SHAPE D Vd Va STARLIGHT- PLUS- UVP, LIGHTBEN- PLUS-UVP γ Secondary clearance angle (°) α 10÷-15 Pitch/tooth spacing (mm) t 8÷-18 Main clearance angle (°) t S 5÷15 Thickness (mm) s External diameter (mm) D Some recommended combinations external diameter / tooth number α Teeth material: Cutting speed (m/min) Vt Feed speed (m/min) Va 3÷4 200-400mm (larger diameters...

Open the catalog to page 7
product manual 2011 - 8

014 | Product manual | | Product manual | 015 4 . P RO D U C T S P RO C E S S I N G 4 . P RO D U C T S P RO C E S S I N G 4.2. DRILLING STARLIGHT, STARLIGHT-EXTRA, LIGHTBEN Tungsten carbide (recommended for a long lasting sharpening) Superfast steel (recommended for a better finishing of cut edges) Teeth material: Main clearance angle (°) γ Secondary clearance angle (°) 0 ÷ -5 SPECIFICATIONS SUPPLIED BY RAW MATERIAL PRODUCERS ϕ φ 10-15 (carbide teeth) 30-40 (carbide teeth) α α 10 (carbide teeth) 5 (carbide teeth) Pitch/tooth spacing (mm) t Thickness (mm) s 3-4 External diameter (mm) 200-400...

Open the catalog to page 8
product manual 2011 - 9

016 | Product manual | | Product manual | 017 4 . P RO D U C T S P RO C E S S I N G 4 . P RO D U C T S P RO C E S S I N G 4.3. MILLING GEOMETRIES AND PROCESSING PARAMETERS FOR MILLING PERFORMANCE In the STARLIGHT, EXTRA STARLIGHT PLUS CLASS, STARLIGHT PLUS FLOOR, STARLIGHT PLUS UVP milling in the core can be performed so as to house the slip beading/edging (see paragraph 4.4) and profile joint (see par. 4.5.). In this type of processing a joinery machine “ROUTER” type (see scheme) with an automated panel feed system is recommended; recommended tools and cutting parameters are described...

Open the catalog to page 9
product manual 2011 - 10

018 | Product manual | | Product manual | 019 4 . P RO D U C T S P RO C E S S I N G 4 . P RO D U C T S P RO C E S S I N G EDGING (MANUALLY OR BY MACHINE) “T” PROFILE EDGING HOUSED IN MILLED SLOT EDGING: EXTERNAL PROFILES MANUALLY EDGED PANEL bencore.it MACHINE EDGED PANEL bencore.it

Open the catalog to page 10
product manual 2011 - 11

020 | Product manual | | Product manual | 021 4 . P RO D U C T S P RO C E S S I N G 4 . P RO D U C T S P RO C E S S I N G 4.5. GLUING AND ASSEMBLING The STARLIGHT (all types) and LIGHTBEN (all types) can be assembled one to the other and can be glued to other materials joining them at the covering sheets. Reinforced joints can be made inserting transparent polycarbonate foils inside spots milled (see par. 4.3) in the panel (STARLIGHT EXTRA, STARLIGHT PLUS CLASS, STARLIGHT PLUS FLOOR and STARLIGHT PLUS UVP only). EXAMPLES OF GLUED JOINTS WITH POLYCARBONATE STRENGTHENING (STARLIGHT EXTRA...

Open the catalog to page 11
product manual 2011 - 12

022 | Product manual | | Product manual | 023 4 . P RO D U C T S P RO C E S S I N G 4 . PA N E L P RO C E S S I N G 4.6. POLISHING STARLIGHT and LIGHTBEN surfaces can be polished proceeding as follows: • to restore original gloss of surfaces damaged by scratches or abrasions due to faulty repairs • to finish surfaces deriving from cutting/milling operations, giving them a look very similar to those of the external sheets of the panel; • to refine (give a final touch) after edging To choose the most suitable panels for the polishing operations, please consult the table below EXAMPLES OF...

Open the catalog to page 12
product manual 2011 - 13

024 | Product manual | | Product manual | 025 4 . P RO C U C T S P RO C E S S I N G 4.8. LASER AND WATER-JET CUTTING Processings NOT RECOMMENDED for STARLIGHT and LIGHTBEN PANELS. 4.9. SEALING EDGES If panels are exposed to weather conditions or if they are placed in very humid environments (such as bathroom, saunas, etc.) edges MUST be sealed with acid-free silicon protecting surfaces near the edges with masking cellar tape. Some possible solutions are given below 5 . G U I D E L I N E S F O R T H E U S E O F PA N E L S 5.1. OUTDOOR USE (VERTICAL PARTITIONS, ROOFS AND SKYLIGHTS) Suggested...

Open the catalog to page 13

All BENCORE catalogs and technical brochures

1. LIGHTBEN

1 Pages

2. UPSET

2 Pages

3. Meli 90 Hide

2 Pages

4. STARLIGHT TM

1 Pages

5. ZINTRA™

26 Pages